We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Ignacio -- itinerary and lodging

Which San Ignacio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
San Ignacio -- itinerary and lodging

Hi,

I am going to be in Belize from Dec. 22 to Jan 1, and thinking about starting in San Ignacio so I can see the ATM cave and maybe some other sites, and then move onto Caye Caulker for the rest of the time.

What is an itinerary you suggest for someone who has 3-4 days in San Ignacio?

Where are affordable/cheap places to stay for a single traveler (female)?

If you have an itinerary/lodging info for Caye Caulker, I'd love that too!

Thanks,

Tilda

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Ignacio -- itinerary and lodging

With a few days in SI, ATM, Caracol and Mountain Pine Ridge, and Barton Creek Cave. Maybe stopping at Jaguar Paw for cave tubing on the way to Caulker. On Caulker, be sure and do Raggaemuffin's Hol Chan Marine Reserve Tour - it's a must.

Since you'll be in Cayo for a half week, check out the Best of Cayo site for the best places to eat, club, play, stay, tour, etc... Pacz Tours is the highest rated tour operator. …shc.edu.bz/in/…cayobest.html

Bullet Tree Falls is a nice area, just outside of town, and far enough away to avoid the noise. Just Google/Yahoo 'bullet tree falls hotel' or 'lodge' and you'll get the places there. On Caulker, Tropical Paradise hotel, and Rainbow hotels are right on the beach, and inexpensive, and I've liked both of them. Just check out the room first, just in case...

Happy Holidays in Paradise!

Belize
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Ignacio -- itinerary and lodging

Try duPlooys Jungle Lodge for your stay in San Ignacio. You can horse back ride through the jungle and canoe or tube down the Macal river, a guided tour of the Belize Botanic Garden, ATM is a must. Also try Bol's cave it's not as popular which can be great. There should be some pics. At duPlooy's you would be able to combine your tours with other guest and get a discounted rate. Just check with the concierge at night and he'll take good care of you. Enjoy your stay in Belize!!!

3. Re: San Ignacio -- itinerary and lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, October 17, 2009