We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of may travel (weather and bugs)

Which Belmopan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
minnesota
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
End of may travel (weather and bugs)

So my boyfriend and I are staying in the jungle the last week of May. We will be there for five days and each day will be visiting a different mayan ruin/site. I was wondering what the weather will be like, should I plan on light pants or shorts, long sleeves or short sleeves?

Also, one of my friends is currently studying abroad in ecuador and mentioned malaria. I have been searching all over the web, and it says malaria is only prevelent in certain parts of the country. I was wondering what precautions I should take as far as shots/pills vs. just some bug spray with deet.

Also, any other advice about traveling in belize would be wonderful, this is only my second time out of the country and the closer it gets the more nervous I become.

Thanks in advance!

1. Re: End of may travel (weather and bugs)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, April 14, 2017