We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days cayo plans, swimming and belekin

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
5 days cayo plans, swimming and belekin

We are staying at Crystal Paradise in July. I've read about lots of great waterfalls and places to swim, but most look like they are parts of resorts. Would love to hear suggestions for great waterfalls and swimming spots. Thousand foot did not sound very accessible for swimming and up close viewing. So far we plan to tube with Trek Stop and possibly see Xuanantunich the same day. Go to Caracol, Rio On and Rio Frio one day. We plan to zipline on the day of arrival with Jaguar Paw. Pacbitun Ruins also looks interesting for a half day horse back ride with Mountain Rider (any info on Pacbitum would be great). We are still looking at some of the small villages and any museums and arts and craft venues that can be included in day trips (suggestions welcome). In between all this, I think we just need some great swimming and water falls to cool off.

As a side, how is Belekin priced? Does it cost the same individually or can you save by buying in 6, 12, or 24 packs? Does the cost vary from store to store and at the resorts. We will have a small cooler and will probably stock up to sip in the evenings. Any suggestions on best places to purchase are welcome.

Can't wait to get there. A little nervous about the heat and rain. We live on the Gulf Coast, so I'm optimistic it won't be much different than summer here.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days cayo plans, swimming and belekin

Big Rock Falls in the Mtn Pine Ridge.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,845 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days cayo plans, swimming and belekin

Belikin is generally only available as singles or by the case (24 bottles). If you don't have a fridge, I'd just buy singles at the grocery stores. Some resorts are really expensive for beer, at least here on Ambergris.

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days cayo plans, swimming and belekin

Thanks for the help. I'll definitely take a look at Big Rock Falls. A case of Belekin sounds about right for us.

4. Re: 5 days cayo plans, swimming and belekin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 30, 2009