We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Zoo and City Tour?

Ottawa
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Belize Zoo and City Tour?

We are looking for a no brainer shore excursion in Belize. We are on the Canival Legend, travelling to Belize, January 2007.

I really wanted to go cave tubing, but hubby thinks that the jungle humidity and the possiblity of moulds, or what ever within the cave system, might trigger my asthma.

Then I pondered the Private Beach of Bannister Island, but do I want to spend the early hours of the day trapped in the middle of nowhere, albiet trapped in paradise, relying on others for my escape should the weather turn bad.(I've read one too many posts about this on cruise critic)

We are not scuba enthusists...so that's out.

City tour...yawn.

Can't ripline...asthma.

Not really interested in seeing the locals sing and dance, and paint up their children for public display!

That leaves the zoo. We have been to our full share of zoo's with our kids... Miami, Toronto...even a local zoo in nearby Rockland,

but nothing with rain forest animals. Is it worth the visit?

If I had my druthers, I'd do a quick city tour, as we can't travel all the way to Belize, and not venuture of the boat....and then do some shopping!...but I hear there really isn't alot of good shopping...being that Belize is a third world country, other than the tourism village.

It's the only port of call where I am unsure of what to do.

Panama: Ferry through the canal;

Costa Rica: Bus, Train and Boat tour; and lastly

Belize?

1. Re: Belize Zoo and City Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:27 am, June 27, 2011
2. Re: Belize Zoo and City Tour?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:30 pm, December 03, 2015
North Carolina
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize Zoo and City Tour?

My sister suffers from Asthma and she went cave tubing. I am not sure how bad yours ais, but if your husband is that concern I would say skip it. It includes a 1/2 an hour hike. You can do the Old Belize Tour, the museum is not your typical museum, it has rainforest, sugar industry, houses, culture and at the end you can spend it at the beach.

I recomend to make your own tour based on your interest and thinking of your health as well

for a custom made tour contact

Vitalino Reyes

001-501-602-8975

He also works with www.gibsonstoursandtransfers.com

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize Zoo and City Tour?

I went and read Lan Sluder's Belize report. After a quick scan it appears that the crime acitvity took place early in the summer, and the perpetrators are now in jail. There certainly was a nasty string of crimes in the Cayo district earlier this year.

I certainly wouldn't not go to Belize because of safety issues. There is crime, but there's crime everywhere. Common sense and some research before a trip can help lots.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belize Zoo and City Tour?

I totally agree with Jeanh regarding the safety in Belize. Even traveling in western Belize this June we both felt perfectly safe. Use a bit of common sense, about like you do in your own neighborhood, and you will be fine.

6. Re: Belize Zoo and City Tour?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, August 19, 2009