We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day tour of Belize City area with minimal walking

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Day tour of Belize City area with minimal walking

Will be in Belize city for a few hours on a port stop. I am going to Chacchoben, but my wife would like to see some local sights with limited walking. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks

Caribbean
Level Contributor
4,924 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day tour of Belize City area with minimal walking

Cruise ship passengers come ashore at the Tourist Village, and the downtown area of Belize City is less than 1 km away -- an easy walk. The Swing Bridge is a good location to orientate yourself.

With a walk of less than a km from the Swing Bridge, you can head south through the City and go to the House of Culture, St. John's Church and the Supreme Court Building.

On the north side (opposite direction), and less than 1 km from the Swing Bridge, walk to the Museum.

If you don't feel like walking, taxis are everywhere.

Taxis in Belize usually don’t have any markings (although this seems to be changing), and I haven’t yet seen one with a meter. They can be identified by a green license plate that displays, in white, the letter “D” followed by four digits. The standard fare for short trips is BZ$5.00 to $7.00 per taxi (not per passenger). Fares for longer distances are sometimes negotiable.

2. Re: Day tour of Belize City area with minimal walking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 10, 2014