We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little French Key

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Little French Key

My friend and I are cruising to the Caribbean in three weeks and Belize is one of the ports of call. Looking at the shore excursions, nothing really seemed appealing. We were thinking about an alternate tour through another company that has a package to Little French Key. Has anyone been to this particular destination, and if you have taken an excursion, who did you use and what would you recommend?

I appreciate any feed back!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little French Key

Frenchmans Caye near St George's or French Louie Caye off Placencia?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little French Key

I sooooo need this vacation! I was mistaken, Little French Key is in Rotan; I should have posted in a different forum! I'm a bit skeptical about visiting Belize after reading so many negative reviews, but I like to keep an open mind. It's been difficult perusing the shore excursions that the cruise line is offering. I love the water and the beaches, but there didn't seem to be anything of real interest, with the exception of cave tubing - is there a good beach alternative in Belize to consider?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little French Key

Book with a local operator. Cruise ships charge twice as much

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little French Key

We just returned from vacation in Belize 2 weeks ago and it was beautiful! We stayed on the island Ambergris Caye. Our stay was 11 nights and 13 days. There was never a lack of anything to do, from snorkeling 4 times (one of which was at night), kayaking, trips through the forests and jungles to explore the Mayan Ruins, yes we went cave tubing, and caving at ATM. It was an awesome vacation. There are beaches everywhere. If you happen to go, I would highly recommend River Rats Expeditions as your tour guides. You can look them up here on Trip Advisor. Our guide was Gonzalo (extremely knowledgeable, fun, and a Mayan Archeologist) Tell him what you want and he will advise you. We are from Sacramento as well.

5. Re: Little French Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 07, 2014