We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

dallas
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

I will be coming to Belize and spending time in San Ignacio, Placencia, and the San Pedro area. We are doing all kinds of tours. Is there really any reason to make a special trip to Belize City to see anything?

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
235 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

N.O.... Unless you want to see the Museum of Belize, St. John's Cathedral, Old Belize Cultural and Historical Center, Orchid Garden Eco-Village Museum Belize or the Government House.

The Belize Zoo and the Blue Hole National Park are actually closer to Belmopan. Many tour companies are stationed in Belize City as well as the ferries to the Cayes...

Toronto
Level Contributor
824 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

It's OK, I speak Texan...

HELL no.

Get in on your flight, then get out of Dodge and start relaxing.

Huntsville, Utah
Level Contributor
189 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

I don't speak Texan but well said MacPete.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

NO. I wouldn't bother.

Ardmore, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

All I saw of Belize City was on the ride from the airport to the dock. I did not want to see any more. Not a nice town.

Level Contributor
8,637 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

No...none.

7. Re: Any reason to spend time in Belize City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 10, 2014