We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Merida-Belize Bus still running?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Merida-Belize Bus still running?

H there

Is the bus from Merida is still running - would anyone know for sure? I'm trying to book it from Merida on 22 Dec and the ADO site says there is no service. Tried a few dates in case it was full, also tried the ticketbus website but it doesn't even seem to list Belize as an option.

Could just be me of course...

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Merida-Belize Bus still running?

No, it's not you, it's the ADO site.

I don't know why, but the ADO site doesn't give the schedules for more than about 30 days from the current date.

I just picked a date next week and the schedule shows a departure time of 9:00 pm and a fare of MX$474 (pesos). Trip time is 8.5 hours.

And the ticketbus site has never shown the schedules for the buses to Belize.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Merida-Belize Bus still running?

Brilliant - thanks. I'll try the site closer to time and see if it works with my UK credit card! Otherwise the plan is to get the ticket at Cancun airport when we arrive on 17Dec. Would prefer to do it earlier as I read here that the buses will be busy so close to Christmas.

3. Re: Is the Merida-Belize Bus still running?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, December 14, 2013