We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach / Snorkling from Shore

Washington D.C.
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Beach / Snorkling from Shore

Belize City is a stop on my family's next cruise. We have elderly grandparents who are accompanying us. I have heard that the small islands off the coast of Belize are perfect for a beach day.

Does anyone have suggestion on the best one for families? I'm also looking for suggestions for one that has good offshore snorkling.

Thanks,

ComfortRules

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,980 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach / Snorkling from Shore

You won't find good offshore snorkeling on the islands you can access on a cruise stop, I'm afraid. The reef is close so good snorkeling isn't esp expensive, though. We enjoy Caye Caulker but I've heard the beaches are nicer on Ambergris. Others will more knowledge will pipe up, I hope. Happy New Year!

Washington D.C.
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach / Snorkling from Shore

Thanks for your reply. Happy New Year to you as well.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach / Snorkling from Shore

I would suggest you do something very typical of Belize, for example a trip to a Mayan site. I am not sure is the cruise ships offer Lamanai, that would be a nice one to do if they do. Also, it is better to organise your trip with the many guide services whiich will be at the dock, cheaper, and the money actually goes to Belizeans.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach / Snorkling from Shore

AC has minimal beaches, CC has none. look at going to the ruins or cave tubing instead. not sure how spry the seniors are but cave tubing is a lazy float in a shallow stream.

5. Re: Beach / Snorkling from Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, January 02, 2012
6. Re: Beach / Snorkling from Shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Belize City