We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

any recommendations on a safe and easy to reach (hopefully with hotel shuttle) hotel near international airport in Belize City?

thanks

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

The International Airport is actually in nearby Ladyville which is 8 miles northwest of Belize City. This is good because the further you can get away from Belize City the better.

My recommendation would be the Black Orchid Resort in nearby Burrell Boom.

If you just have to stay in Belize City, then it would be the Radisson Fort George Hotel

Reviews on both...

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g291967-Belize_Distri…

What about budget, and why are you wanting to stay close the airport area?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

Have you looked into D'Nest Inn? I hear it recommended a lot and the website is lovely. I haven't stayed there, but we had planned to one trip before our departure flight was changed to later in the day. Good luck!

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

I stay at D'Nest once or twice a month, it is as lovely as it looks and for a single traveller, the perfect choice. The owners are very friendly couple, and they can pick you up at the airport. The breakfasts are included and delicious. The location is quiet and safe, although the local dogs can sometimes be noisy - a problem in most City hotel locations at night, so bring earplugs. You will also find breakfast table conversation some of the most civilised you will find, D'Nest seems to attract interesting visitors, I have met some great people there over the years, both Belizeans and visitors..

If you want an international style hote, I like the Radisson.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

or the Great House, across the street from the Radisson, facing the sea in the colonial district

America, The...
Level Contributor
8 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

Not sure what your budget is, but if you're budget is tight, you might want to consider staying at the Belcove in downtown Belize city. The hotel arranged for a ride for me directly from the international airport to the hotel (about $20usd). I was told that it was relatively safe to walk within a few blocks from the hotel- which allowed me a chance to eat and meet a local or two. The next day, I walked about 8 blocks to the bus station and caught a local bus to Hopkins Village- no problems whatsoever.

However, you're best bet in my opinion, is to fly into Belize International and immediately arrange for a connecting (small plane) flight or water taxi to wherever you actually want to go. Unless you are a sociologist and studying the social problems of crime-ridden Belize City, there really is no good reason to stay there. What is your destination in Belize?

6. Re: traveling alone (female), hotel near Belize airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, January 24, 2013