We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

I see that someone else previously posted about this car rental, and I would like to reiterate the warning not to use this company. My husband and I were recently in Belize, and rented a Jeep. About 2 days after we got the car we started having trouble starting the car. We had a jump it several times, then finally were unable to do that. The rental shop found a mechanic to look at the car, and it was decided that a new battery was needed. Unfortunately, we had to pay for the battery, though we were assured that if we brought the receipt we would be reimbursed. The car continued to have issues, even with the new battery. Luckily we only had to waste about half a day working on the car, but it was a constant source of worry for us, which no one wants to deal with on vacation. Needless to say we have not been reimbursed, and they are now unresponsive to any contact we try to make with them.

Don't be fooled by the discount here, it's NOT worth it in the end.

129 replies to this topic
Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

Thanks for posting your experience with them........

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

Thanks for the warning...reiterating it. If you could contact the BTB at info@travelbelize.org and let them know, they'd be much appreciative. Sorry that happened to you. I'd also dispute it with your credit card company, if nothing but to let them know that you were than dissatisfied.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

Coincidence or not? I just lent my phone out so some people that had rented from Belize auto rental could call and complain about how unsafe they felt in their rental car!!! And they got the worst rate from them too. Yeah, time for some internet warnings about this company.

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

That's funny! Thanks for sharing DrFeelAwesome.......

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

Avoid Belize Auto Rental !!

Poor service. Vehicle was unsafe piece of junk. Worst car I ever rented.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

I'm seeing a pattern here. Just referenced this thread again. Sorry your rental was not up to decent standards.

Hill Country Tx
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

I used them in May and was marginally satisfied but I also lost a day due to car troubles. Is there anyone else to watch out for? I will be back in Belize first week of Dec..

conroe
Level Contributor
50 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

planning a trip in feb was going to book with belize auto rental after talking to someone on the phone he gave me a good rate for a 4wd jeep at $50 a day but after reading these posts it doesnotsoundlike a good idea, so any body know of a goodrentalcompany??

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

www.crystal-belize.com

Lucy

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental

I used the company in October....There service was good and the vehicles were new and in good shape ...I had no problems with this company.

I think some customers expect to pay low prices and then complaint about everything...I certainly would use them again !!

Bob,

Los Angeles

Reply to: WARNING: Belize Auto Rental/Belize Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted