We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day in belize city.

Which Belize City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NC
1 post
Save Topic
one day in belize city.

My three sons and I are arriving on a cruise on Dec. 22. and have 7a. till 5p. Do we have time to visit the zoo and Altun Ha? Should we use a bus or cab? Is it possible to go snorkling on Caye Caulker? Should we find a tour in BC or on the Caye? I don't want to go on a shore excursion if possible and would rather something special for the 4 of us. Thank You all for your help.

Dublin
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day in belize city.

There is not much in Belize City and it did not come across as a particularly pleasant place when i was there this summer.

The boat to Caye Caulker takes about 45 mins to get over there, and you will just have to check the timings to ensure that you are back to your ship on time.

You would have to check with one of the local companies to ensure that they are available to take you out snorkelling, as it is normally all day trips that they do, but they are normally fairly accommodating. There is a guy called Carlos who has been running tours there for 13 years, very knowledgeable and definitely worth looking up. I'm sure if you do a google, you will come across him.

Enjoy yourself.

Treacle