We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Do for One Night in Belize City

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
What to Do for One Night in Belize City

We were thinking about spending one night in Belize City before heading off on our beach/jungle adventure.

It would be the day we fly in to Belize, arriving around 2PM. We will have a just turned 7 year old with us.

What shouldn't be missed? Like a dinner/show type event?

(The reason we thought this would be a good idea is b/c everyone said to stay away from San Jose and head out. We stayed one night in San Jose (costa rica) and went to the Mirador Ram Luna - and I am so glad we did not miss this! - So, i am looking for something along these lines to do at dinner time)

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Do for One Night in Belize City

Here is a Mirador Ram Luna description - we did the Wed night buffet with tico show and fireworks...

toenjoynature.com/COSTA_RICA/…07.HTML

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Do for One Night in Belize City

I would suggest instead spending the night at the zoo, and doing an after hours tour. Much better show, I'm sure, and a better introduction to Belize. Haven't heard of anything like what you are asking about in BC.

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Do for One Night in Belize City

That sounds perfectly FABULOUS! :)

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to Do for One Night in Belize City

Does the zoo have a hotel?

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to Do for One Night in Belize City

Not exactly, but check out: http://www.belizezoo.org/

There is an educational center with accomodations. The zoo itself is small, but fascinating. I can only imagine how great it would be after dark when all the animals are active.

Western North...
Level Contributor
407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to Do for One Night in Belize City

Thanks a ton... it is not here on TripAdvisor.... not that I saw anyway.

If it is good enough for Cameron Diaz and

Steve Erwin then... heck... it is good enough for me LOL

7. Re: What to Do for One Night in Belize City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belize City