We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tikal to Belize WITHOUT plane???

Ocala
7 posts
Save Topic
Tikal to Belize WITHOUT plane???

Hello everyone,

I am traveling with a few friends to Central America and trying to find some cheaper ways to get from Tikal to Belize City without using an airline (we're college students... go figure).

I did check the forums, but I havent found much. Even for our trip from Guatemala City to Tikal, I saw the information about the www.adnnorte.... and Linea Dorada, and I've sent multiple e-mails to them but they dont reply. Are they still in business? I was trying to find out how long the night bus takes. It only says it leaves at 9pm.

If anyone can suggest a safe route from Tikal to Belize, I would really appreciate it. We'll go by air if we absolutely have to, but I thought I read Tikal - Belize is only 3-4 hrs by car, so I figured it's not worth $200+ taxes for a 40 minute flight.

Thanks

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tikal to Belize WITHOUT plane???

check out the highway banditry and driving habits down there before you decide to drive.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tikal to Belize WITHOUT plane???

Two shuttles per day and many maini vans who can drive you to the border and take the bus to Belize City Yes, Linia dorado still operates.

3. Re: Tikal to Belize WITHOUT plane???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, September 13, 2009