We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My visit to Belieze

Norfolk, Virginis
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
My visit to Belieze

One of the ports my cruise ship whet to was Beliez city. Carnival did not offer ziplining and cavetubing together as an excusion. My family and I booked our excusion with DONALD RAMIREZ, A wonderful man that made our visit to Belieze wonderful. Upon our arrival we met Donald and started our adventure. A nice informative drive through the city and a bathroom stop at this favorite resturant where we could purchase drinks. We arrived in the rainforest to go ziplining. We took a little hike through the rainforest before reaching our first platform. It was so much fun. After ziplining we all grabed a tube and headed for the cave. Another small hike with the tube and we were there. Donald and another gentleman came with us to make sure we all were safe and stayed together. We enjoyed floating through the caves, it was a great experience. After tubing we had lunch that was included in our excursion. We had a private little hut in the rainforest were we all got to talk and eat lunch together, it was very nice to be in the middle of the forest. Our lunch was very good, Rice Beans and Chicken. After lunch we all got back into the van and headed back to the ship. My sisters boyfriend had a special interest to see a monkey. We didn't have enough time to go to the Belieze zoo [our ship was late to the port] so Donald took us by his friends house. They had two monkeys that they were taking care of at the time. It was very neat!! They had a little gift shop where anything you bought went towards helping those monkeys get better so they could return to the rain forest. We got back into the van and had to go back to the ship. That was the end of our trip to belieze.

I strongly reccomend booking an excursion with Donald if you ever visit Belieze. Here is his website http://www.ziplinebelize.bravehost.com/

Action Boys Belize
Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Cave Tubing Paradise and Belize Tour Adventures
River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Belize Cruise Excursions
Boat Tours, River Rafting & Tubing, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Manomet MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My visit to Belieze

Amazing the Zipline seems a very popular tour. we did it and had so much fun it was more like an adrenalin rush zipping through the jungles. I wish it was more like a lower pace so we can see some wildlife etc. But we weren't expecting to see much in terms of wildlife as there was lots of people in the area. We did have a great time and after zipping we went tubing with our guide Eric Tut a very knowleadeable guide and has much appreciation for the environment and is a bird enthusiast. This is our 4th day of activity. We hiked on a jungle trail along the river bank as he explained the diferent species of plant and he knew some of their uses passed down from his grandfather who was a herbalist and a healer lived a little over 100 yrs of age. we got to our tubing point the water was very refreshing after hiking for 45 minutes. We floated through 3 limestone cave system seeing many formation as he explained about the cave and how sacred they were to the Mayas. We then stopped for lunch and returned for a refreshing drink at our accomodations Crystal Paradise. Cave tubing and zipline well worth a trip and lasts about 2/3s to a fullday. Thanks for a great day

Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My visit to Belieze

My family and I will be zip lining in Belize, one of our ports with Carnival, and I wondered if other travelers believed it was necessary to take the anti-malaria pills as a precaution. Did your group?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My visit to Belieze

I've been to Belize multiple times with different groups of people and none of us have taken the anti-malaria pills. If I were camping in the jungle for a longer period of time, I might consider it but, for a one day excursion I wouldn't do it. If you are concerned--- a good bug spray with deet will keep bugs off. Or there are places that sell natural repelants.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My visit to Belieze

The rule of thumb is if you are out on the cayes mosquitos are little problem but if you are in the jungle malaria is a problem. Pretty common sense stuff. The 3M DEET is the best (REI or health service)

5. Re: My visit to Belieze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Belize City