We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

I know there is a direct ADO bus , but it seems ADO website doesn't works properly now.

Can you tell me the bus schedule from Belize to Cancun ?

Thanks.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,355 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

Might be info here that will help: www.belizebus.wordpress.com

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

Up until about a week or so ago, the route was appearing on the ADO website, then when I checked a few days ago, the site seemed to get stuck on "cargando" (loading). From my experience with that website, when it gets stuck on "cargando", it means the route doesn't exit. It's also not showing the Merida route.

I noticed that ADO had added a second run during daytime, and the Belizean bus operators are not happy that this run competes with their runs to Mexico. I wonder if this has led to the removal of all ADO runs to Belize?? So far, nothing in the Belize media about this.

The "BelizeBus" website has the details of the overnight run and the contact details for ticket agents in Belize. Or ask at the Belize City bus terminal. If you find out anything, please post.

Edited: 10:40 am, December 23, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

There is still a schedule for Cancun-Belice City , but not Belice - Cancun.

It's a little bit strange :)

IK , thank you !!!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,540 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

Details for the overnight run...

Bus departs from BC bus terminal daily at 7:30 pm with stops at Orange Walk (9:00 pm), Corozal (10:00 pm), Tulum (4:00 am), Playa del Carmen (5:00 am) and Cancún Airport (6:30 am). Arrives at Cancún bus terminal at 7:00 am.

I can't remember the exact departure time of the day run, but remember that it's sometime between 9 & 11 am.

In the BC bus terminal, you pay the fare for the trip to the border. After crossing the border, the stops at Bacalar and you pay the remainder of the fare.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

Great !

7.30pm is perfect.

Cordoba, Argentina
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

Hello, I have a question about this. I need to go to Chetumal instead of Cancun. Does someone know if I have to take the same bus or if there is another one? Does anyone know if the only way to do this is to travel from the international airport to Belize city? Thanks

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,540 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

The ADO bus does not go to Chetumal, and officially, passengers are not allowed to use the bus to travel within Belize. It does not stop anywhere along the route (like Belizean buses), so passengers can board only at Belize City, Orange Walk Town and Corozal.

I have answered your private message about this.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
315 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

Thank you !

9. Re: Belize City - Cancun bus schedule ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 08, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Belize City