We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackbird, Huracan, Turneffe Resort OR Turneffe Flats?

boson, ma
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Blackbird, Huracan, Turneffe Resort OR Turneffe Flats?

Hard to choose. What are the major differences? I will be snorkeling and want to go to as many different sites as possible. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackbird, Huracan, Turneffe Resort OR Turneffe Flats?

I can't speak for the other resorts, since I haven't been there, but I know that Turneffe Island Resort is a great place for snorkeling. They run two trips a day on a dedicated boat (at no extra charge!) and the guide, Carlos, is awesome. Towels and refreshments are offered on the boat. The resort is on the south side of the atoll which is where most of the good dive sites are, so the really good snorkeling is very nearby. in terms of quality and proximity, number and quality of the sites, not to mention sheer luxury and service, Turneffe Island Resort is a really great place.

Blackbird is also in the area, but is a lit more... rustic?

I hear that Turneffe Flats runs a pretty intense fishing program, but i'm not sure how they treat snorkelers.

Port Chester, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackbird, Huracan, Turneffe Resort OR Turneffe Flats?

Spent a week this month at Turneffe Flats snorketing with Abel. He is extraordinary and so were all the snorkeling sites we went to (two trips a day). The week we were there we were the only two snorkelers for most of the time, so it was like having a private guide. I think the other places might have more snorkelers, since TF is known more for its fishing, but there couldn't be a better guide (who also took us to see crocodiles, manatees, and dolphins).

Reply to: Blackbird, Huracan, Turneffe Resort OR Turneffe Flats?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Long Caye