We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crocs on caulker

Oakland, CA
1 post
Save Topic
crocs on caulker

Is there any danger from crocodiles on caye caulker? I was thinking about swimming across the split, but I was warned that crocs hang out in the mangrove trees on the beach. Is this true?

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: crocs on caulker

No one has ever been bothered by crocs at the Split, but there have been sightings of crocs on the West (lagoon) side of the island.

Thanks and cheers,

Wendy Auxillou

Auxillou Beach Suites

Caye Caulker, Belize

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
oregon
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: crocs on caulker

As the nice lady said and also my own experince the Crocs are at the other end of the Island from the Split. Although swimming at night anywhere in the ocean might mean you could become bait but I have never seen Crocs around the split or mangroves nearby during the day it's great make sure you rent mask and fins and watch the current it's sure to make you swim have fun!!

3. Re: crocs on caulker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker