We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Housing clarification

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
337 posts
Save Topic
Housing clarification

So I have read numerous posstings about cabanas and guest houses. Does that mean that Belize doesn't have many 25-100 room hotel type accomodations?

Are those type of accomodations mostly in Belize City?

If I were to book a beach house/cabana/guest house, are there plenty of places to socialize close by, as I will be traveling alone?

Recommendations for the two main cayes regions.

Is it worth staying in Belize City for a few nights?

Is the inland area safe once again or do they still have the bandits from Guatamala (sp) harrassing the tourists?

Thanks

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,944 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Housing clarification

I think the average hotel in Belize used to be 12 rooms. now increasing in size. Some larger hotels on Ambergris, BelizeCity, San Ignacio, Placencia. And small ones in the same areas. I'd consider Caye Caulker for young and on a budget, Ambergris for more upscale, Placencia. The bandits dispersed after pixs of them with reward $ were posted after the last incident. Guate police picked up 9 pax, two are now in a Belize prison. So yes, the immediate threat from these guys is over for now and lets hope this discourages others from trying the same. Cayo district is lovely, would be shame not to spend some time here.

2. Re: Housing clarification

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:43 pm, August 17, 2006