We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Hi my friends and I are gonna be in CC for 5 nights/4days. Any things we shouldn't miss when we are there? Any ideas on what there is to do? Thanks

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,714 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

We loved this trip with Raggamuffin

http://raggamuffintours.com/hol-chan-snorkel/

and dinner at Wish Willy.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Diving and snorkelling.

Drinking at the Lazy Lizard at the Split.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Hol Chan Marine Reserve, for sure. Days at the Split bar, where you can snorkel on the other side of the split. Bambooze has great breakfasts, and there's a place next door, Caribbean Colors that has amazing sushi. At night, the I&I bar is great, and avoid the Oceanside at all costs(shady). If you fish, some restaurants, like Rose's will cook your catch for you.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Find this local guy named Pops and try to go on a day trip with him. Any of the locals will know him, it is a small island. https://www.facebook.com/james.rosado.583… this is his fb page there are a few pictures of some trips.

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Here is a list of things you can do if you are on Caye Caulker:

http://kokomobeachbelize.com/tours/

Biking

Golf Cart Independent Touring

Bird Watching

Golf

Diving

Snorkling

Windsurfing

Kitesurfing

Sailing

Canoing

Kayaking

Fishing

Nightlife

Dining

Shopping

Relaxing

Meet the locals

Mainland day tours:

Mayan Temples

Cave Tubing

Belize Zoo

Caving

Baboon Sanctuary

The Great Barrier Reef, longest in the western Hemisphere, shelters the best stocked light-tackle fishing grounds of the Caribbean. The water is warm and crystal clear ideal for a great variety of water sports, fishing, snorkelling and scuba diving.

You should visit the impressive Mayan Centres, like Altun Ha and Xunantunich … and bring along your camera for some memorable shots.

With more than 500 species of birds, this country is a bird-watcher’s paradise. There are also numerous animals, which can be observed in wildlife refuges.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,714 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

ccislandgirl - you mean Belize Barrier Reef, correct? The Great Barrier Reef is in the Coral Sea off of Australia.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,198 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

We stayed on CC for 6 nights in May (1st trip). Loved every minute. Snorkeling and diving were great, but all had to be done by boat. We also did a half day fishing trip with Esley Usher. Very fun! Caught a lot of fish!! My sister and I could have stayed out longer but the hubbys were ready to go back. Captain cleaned the fish for us and delivered them to Roses (restaurant) who prepared them for our dinner that night. We only paid for our sides & drinks. Very, very good. You can contact Esley at www.esleyusherfishingtours@live.com or 501-624-6555 I highly recommend him. He will take you snorkeling too or you can do both.

We stayed at Seaside Cabanas which we absolutely loved and will return for sure. We walked everywhere. Plenty of restaurants to choose from, but Roses was the best by far (ate there twice). My husband is not a diver and didn't even snorkel on this trip. He had a very relaxing trip doing nothing (except the 1/2 day fishing), and says he'll go back again.

Brisco, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Go snorkel and fishing. So worth every penny.

Merida, Mexico
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

Relaxing and snorkeling, Not Much to do, but is a great and unique place, u will love it. Time has stop there, very local everything.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do in caye caulker for 4 days

There is not much to do in Caye Caulker. I think that it is this laid back, no hurry, atmosphere that draws people to CC.

Of course, as others have posted, you can visit Mayan ruins, Belize Zoo, etc., but that is not really on CC.