We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

Which one is the safest way from Belize City to Caye Caulker?

Due to a fear of boating in rough water, I am trying to understand what to expect.

Of course assuming all are safe

Thanks Mike

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,755 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

I haven't taken the water taxi between Belize City and Caye Caulker often. Most of my water taxi rides are between Ambergris and Caulker. That said, the boats are all about the same. I've always just taken the water taxi that was leaving at the time I wanted to go.

Lakewood, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

You can always fly in on tropic air for around 72 dollars US. The taxi from the airport is around 30 US to the water taxi in Belize City and another 10 bucks or so to Caye Caulker. Depending on the weather it can be rough or fairly calm. There was quite a packed boat when I went with a lot of kids. Humid as hell and claustrophobic down below. I sat above deck back from Caye caulker to Chetumal so not so bad. It may be worth the extra money to fly there if you can swing it. It was a trip I will never forget. I scammed a ride from the airport from a local for 20 bucks and he happened to work for the water taxi so I had curbside service. He let his friend drive that was learning and she ran trucks and bicyclists off the road. Almost hit pedestrians in town. What fun! I guess I wanted the experience. And I got it. And more. Say hi to Mandingo for me in Caye Caulker. Tell him Rico and Bonita says hey my Buddha from anudda muddah.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

Thanks .....very helpful to get those first hand comments. Flying is a big consideration

Regards Mike

Brooklyn, New York
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

Im looking to go out to San P., in February any suggestion? which water taxi is the best?

Ambergris Caye...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

Caye Caulker Water Taxi at the foot of the Historical swing bridge in Belize

City. Conveniently located in the heart of the City and excellent service. I have been traveling with them for over 12 years.

Ambergris Caye...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

book on line at ccwatertaxi.com

7. Re: Belize Water Taxi, Caye Caulker Water Taxi, San Pedro Water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 17, 2015