We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay

I am planning a trip to Caye Caulker in January 07. I am undecided on where to stay. We have it narrowed down to a couple of places. Seaside Cabanas and Barefoot Beach (the cottage). I was wandering if anyone who has been there could give some advice. this is my first trip outside the US and i want it to be the best.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

SS has the only pool on the island.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Seaside looks like a nice place. We've been to Caye Caulker a couple of times but stayed other places. I mainly posted here to offer some pictures of Caye Caulker. We put trip reports and a bunch of pictures on our family web site.

Barefoot Beach and Seaside are in them. Seaside is right at the water taxi pier Barefoot beach is a little farther south and is in a nice location. We've been told both are nice but haven't stayed in either.

Caulker is a very nice, laid back place. You'll hardly feel like you left the US. OK, it is more different than that. We'll probably go back next Feb.

The pictures and trip reports are at:

www.AlandSueJohnson.com

Look under trip reports / Belize

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

AKJ how did you arrange your beachside cottage? My fiance and I are getting married in Corozal but wanted to take his girls to have some fun the week before the wedding. This place looks perfect for us.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

waussie

If you're talking about the little blue cottage, we got it through www.cayecaulkerrentals.com

She has several places to rent. There is a 2 bedroom place right beside it that might even be better for you.

Beautiful setting but its a bit of a walk to town. We enjoyed the walk so didn't think it was a problem.

Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

We are planning on going to Caye Caulker the end of June. Has anyone stayed at Amanda's Place or Popeye's? Would be interested in feedback on these two places. Thanks.

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

cliffs

We rented from Amanda but not Amanda's Place. She is the one that owns www.CayeCaulkerRentals.com Her web site normally has several pictures to give you a very good idea what the place looks like. Its on Front St. not too far from the center of town. We were determined to stay on the water so Amanda's Place wasn't up for consideration.

We walked by Popeye's several times but don't know anything about it.

If you don't get information here, wwww.belizeforum.com is also a good source.

There aren't reviews of either on TA. I checked.

Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

Thanks AJK. I went to your website to check out your pictures. You have done a great job. So, what places have you stayed at during your trips there and have you heard any good feedback about any other places?

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

cliffs

We've only stayed at the places on the website. I really liked Beachside cottage. That's the little blue one from 2005 that Amanda Badger rents. Seaside (I think that's it) is beside it and has 2 bedrooms. We looked inside it and thought it was nice.

In FEbruary we stayed at Jan's Place towards the North end. The web site has several pictures from the house. It has 3 bedrooms and a nice porch. The people that rent it out are nice too. They have 2 apartments that are beside it and I was told are nice too. They show up in the pictures.

DeReal Macaw has a good reputation.

I emailed back and forth with a lady that said Caye Caulker Condos are also very nice.

I think the place is called Seaside Cabanas. Bright yellow place in the pictures. They have the only pool.

I've also been told that Auxillou Suites are very nice. They're near the water taxi pier and are on the water.

No doubt there are several other nice places as well. We don't look for any thing fancy but do want to be on or very near the water.

I assume there's several reviews on places to stay on Caye Caulker on here as well.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

My wife and I LOVED the OASI Guest House

Unreal:

NEW

clean

excellent shower

superb A/C

bugless (till we let them in accidentally)

fresh flowers

exceedingly cool, friendly, and helpful hosts

affordable

Cable TV (which you won't want to watch)

free bikes

free spring water

made up room perfectly for our honeymoon

Luciana and Michael have the best quarters on the island bar none.

Book a room ($350 for a week), have them buy a case of Belikin beer, swing on the porch hammock, snorkle lots, eat seafood, talk to locals, and relax.

zorro@btl.net

www.gocayecaulker.com/members/oasi.html

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay

Tropixwimp

Hi.

Where is this place located on Caye Caulker. We've been there twice with the last time in Feb. 06 and I don't remember seeing it.

Their web site doesn't say where it is.

It kind of looks and sounds like our kind of place. My wife, though, can be kind of pushy about being on the water.

Thanks