We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing license

Denver, Colorado
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing license

Is it necessary to buy a fishing license for Caye Caulker. I have fished the Belize cayes extensively and have never even heard of a Belize fishing license. Not one guide has ever mentioned a license.

John, denver

Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing license

I think its new as of 1 or 2 years ago. And as i understand it - all the $$$ raised from this goes to conservation.

My husband fishes Ambergris and gets his license from Tres Pecadaro fly shop.

Denver, Colorado
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing license

Thanks for the license info. I notice Illinois on your address. We are originally from Elmhurst and Rogers Pk area of Chicago.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing license

Yes you need a license if you are going to fish by boat (not for shore fishing or shore wading or if you are over 65 years old) I believe you can buy them at the airport. US$10 per day, US$25 per week. Should be available from your hotel, fishing guide, maybe the BTIA office, I am not sure where in CC. But you definitely should have one, and yes, the money goes to the Fisheries Department for conservation.

Illinois
Level Contributor
132 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing license

John - we are near Oak Lawn, IL which is a southwest suburb of Chicago. And I hope to one day have my screen name say 418 Belize!

I dont think anyone actually checks for the fishing license. But if its going to conservation - why no just buy it!

5. Re: Fishing license

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 am, June 19, 2013