We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simplest/Best way to get from San Ignacio to Caye Caulker?

Asheville
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Simplest/Best way to get from San Ignacio to Caye Caulker?

Coming mid June. Arriving Sun. going directly to San Ignacio for several days then off to CC for 4 more. What's the best way (COSTS please too) to get to CC and how long should I figure for travel time?

It's getting closer!! Thanks to all who respond...

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
612 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Simplest/Best way to get from San Ignacio to Caye Caulker?

Thanks Jeanh - I'm guessing a charter will be too much $$ for us, but I'm going to look into it anyway.

MisterB266 - how far is the airport from Parrot's Nest? Do you know? I know that Theo told us that she goes to town several times a day and would give us a ride into town if we needed one. I didn't ask about the airport, as we were originally planning on taking a road transport and then the water taxi to Caye Caulker due to the baggage restrictions. But then I've heard from others that Tropic Air doesn't really hold to their "limitations" on the baggage size/weight. I know that 12 years ago we flew the from Belize Municipal to Ambergris Caye and we had 3 large bags. We had scuba stuff and wedding stuff (since we were married there). They didn't bat an eye and loaded it all. I would prefer to fly if we could...

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Simplest/Best way to get from San Ignacio to Caye Caulker?

The airstrip in less than 10 miles from Parrot Nest -- a few miles from PN to SI, then 4 or 5 miles to the airstrip.

13. Re: Simplest/Best way to get from San Ignacio to Caye Caulker?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014