We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CC vs Hopkins Vs Ambergris

Sydney
Level Contributor
46 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
CC vs Hopkins Vs Ambergris

Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but because everyone's circumstances are slightly different, and the destinations change alot year to year, please bear with me while I ask it again!

We're travelling to Belize for 5 days diving before heading into Guatemala. We have travelled extensively through Asia and Europe, but this will be our first taste of Latin America.

We're not fanatical divers (yet!) but diving is a primary reason for our short stay. We don't need to be "on" the reef, we're happy to do our intervals on a boat if needs be. We are not "all-inclusive" type travellers, we like atmosphere and trying local delights. Our accommodation budget will only stretch to around $130/night.

We were hoping to experience a bit of Caribbean atmosphere, we don't need pristine beaches, but swimmable ones are a must.

I'm starting to rule out San Pedro, but Hopkins is looking more and more appealing. Our age range is 35 - 45 and we enjoy lazy evenings eating and sipping rather than a frantic nightlife.

I know you have the love and knowledge of these places, so I really appreciate your time.... Belize is a Looooong way from Australia so we want to get it right!

Also, we've allocated a full day to travel overland to Tikal, distance isn't a problem.

Many Thanks,

Mai

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,977 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: CC vs Hopkins Vs Ambergris

I think that's a better order anyway. I head to Guatemala pretty much every summer and then wind up in Belize or Honduras for blue water time.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: CC vs Hopkins Vs Ambergris

Be sure to either hit the zoo or cave tubing on the way from Guatemala to CC!

13. Re: CC vs Hopkins Vs Ambergris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 03, 2012