We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

virginia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

WE looking for a place to stay in Caye Caulker. Any ideas? We like quiet and some luxury but of course don't want to spend to much. We are going to dive and want short boat rides.

Thanks

KJ

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,746 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

Check the hotel reviews. There are no "resorts" that I'm aware of on CC. And no hotels with dive shops either that I can recall. No beach. The diving is mostly just outside the reef along the backside, a few hundred yards out through the reef and then to the different sites along the reef. Pretty much the same diving as you will find along AC. CC is closer to the outer atolls if you want to try those.

virginia
Level Contributor
50 posts
2. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

You have been helpful....thank you very. Belize has so much to offer we are just going to jump in and see what happens. I wonder what staying on Tabacco Caye would be like.

KJ

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,479 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

I enjoyed my three night stay on Tobacco Caye, but it's very, very small and somewhat crowded. No where to go to 'get away'.

Good snorkeling, fun people, but I was more than ready to move on after three days.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
277 reviews
4. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

You might try http://www.cayecaulkercondos.com/

Be sure and do Raggemuffin's Hol Chan Marine Reserve Tour - it's Awesome!

Have a great time!

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

The manager gave me a tour of Caye Caulker Condos in April. I thought they would work well if my bf was traveling with me since he needs all the comforts including A/C, pool, and wireless. They also are just down from Wish Willy's.

Me - I was perfectly happy with the Tropic Hotel for $33 per night including fridge.

And Raggamuffin was great. I really enjoyed sailing with Captain Charley.

ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

Tobacco Caye........Nice place to visit for a day or two... calming, relaxing and a real cool vibe... Location is smack dab on the reef so there's some great snorkeling to be had right off shore...Unless you're looking for solitude e.g. writing a good thriller novel, Tobacco caye is best taken in small doses.

virginia
Level Contributor
50 posts
7. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

We have found a place on Lighthouse Reef Atoll. How long should we stay and what should we expect? We will be in Belize for eight days and would like to stay in two places.

Thanks

KJ

ontario
3 posts
8. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

Hi, I did ALOT of checking out places to stay on caye caulker because I am goin in sept. http://www.cayecaulkerrentals.com/ this one was the best one i found if you want your own place , and alot of privacy , i noticed it was about the same or cheaper then stayin in a hotel,and you get a whole cottage to yourself. The ladys name is amanda and she was very helpful and answered my millions of questions very quickly !!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
270 posts
38 reviews
9. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

My husband and I loved the Seaside Cabanas. The rooms were nice and comfortable - the location was fantastic - the pool was so refreshing after walking around the island and the staff was great. Right on the beach with roof top sitting areas above each room. We stayed in the room closest to the beach and it was great. Highly recommend. Say "Hi" to the great bartender - he was a hoot.

10. Re: Caye Caulker..Best Place to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 25, 2009