We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving info

KW Ontario
6 posts
Save Topic
Diving info

Hey guys,

I'll be in C.C. in 122 hours (but who's counting)& will be doing at least four days of diving. Can anyone help me with some recommondations on who to dive with? I can't really tell from what I've found so far what (how many shops) my options are.

I'm staying at Caye Caulker Condos, so I'll be right by Frenchies. I've read good & bad about this place. Our plan would be three days of 2 tank diving & one 3 tank day to the Blue Hole. with the long ride to the hole I'm thinking, the bigger the boat, the better. I'm also wondering if there's any shore diving.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving info

I dove with Frenchie's and had a decent time. I believe that while I was there they did not offer other destinations on the days that they went out to the BH or to the other atolls. Their boat was good sized, holding maybe 20 divers. On trips to the atolls in rough sea, the captain did a good job of reducing the effects of the waves. I don't recall what led me to choose Frenchie's, maybe an examination of their equipment and their prices.

I have not heard of shore diving on CC, maybe because there is no shore. The east side facing the reef is pretty messy and stays shallow a long ways out. Hard to imagine diving in that. It's conceivable that the water inside the reef gets no deeper than 10 feet, if that. The reef is quite far off shore, maybe a half mile, further than along Ambergris Caye.

Their trips to the BH are not frequent, maybe once/week if there's sufficient interest. So be sure to sign up as soon as you arrive.

Panama
Level Contributor
28 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving info

Amigos del Mar (Ambergris Caye) do Blue Hole on Sunday and Tuesday.

http://wwww.amigosdive.com

Call them and ask if they can pick up you at Caye Caulker, maybe it safe your day if Frenchies don't do Blue Hole while you are there.

3. Re: Diving info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 15, 2009