We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Cart Rental Costs

Aurora, CO
7 posts
Save Topic
Golf Cart Rental Costs

I was wondering the availability of renting a golf cart for a week. Can anyone tell me the cost and where I should rent a cart from.

Thanks!

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Cart Rental Costs

I am sure any of the golf cart rentals would be ameanable to offering you a weekly rate. You should remember that the golf carts run on batteries charged up by electrical power. A fully-charged golf cart can only be used for several hours before the battery life is depleted. I think you would probably have to be taking the carts back to the rentals and exchanging them for fully charged ones daily or so.

Thanks and cheers,

Wendy Auxillou

Auxillou Beach Suites

Beachfront

Caye Caulker, Belize

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Cart Rental Costs

Unless you have a handicap you don't really need one. You can walk the entire island without much trouble.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Cart Rental Costs

Hey AKJ, good to meet you guys on our last trip...."tackle box"....

Hey DiscGolfer, I agree with AKJ, you don't need one unless you have issues walking.

Btw, I throw plastic too.....Nashville has some good courses if your ever in the area....

I submitted a video of a place we stayed at.....

Ron

Aurora, CO
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Cart Rental Costs

Well we just got back last night. We stayed at a house just off of the airstrip, I mean just off. It was about a 25 min walk to the split. I think a bike or a golf cart would be nice. Yes, it depends on the group. I'll post more as my head re-aclimates to cooler weather.

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Cart Rental Costs

This is a very small island with only a few golf cart rental companies. Be very careful. Avoid the heavily advertised C&N at all costs. My story: I paid for 11 days in advance. On day 5, the cart was stolen and damaged by a local. The island golf repair shop estimated the repairs would cost $300 US. But they wouldn't touch the C&N cart because the family that owns the business (former police) do their own repairs. When I took the cart to C&N, Nickolas told me that the damage would cost $700 US because he needed to use all new parts according to his policy. When he told me that he would give me the used parts, I paid the $700, got a full release, and a new golf cart. But, when I went back the next day for the old parts that I was charged for, I noticed that $400 of the parts were still on the cart that was back in service. I complained of the unfair charges and was surrounded by several members of the family who refused to let me drive my disabled wife back to our rental house, saying that I had disrespected them and that she should crawl back. The family pulled my wife from the cart onto the ground, we were accosted, and the police came out. The police arrested the perp who stole the cart, but insisted that I give C&N their cart back on day 6, even though I had paid for 11. I understand that the tourist police may be of some assistance in a couple of days. There are good carts available near the electric generator, and much nicer folk also.

caye caulker
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Cart Rental Costs

I am the owner of C& N golf cart rentals. I guess what the guy that rented our golf cart and destroyed it failed to mention is that we could have charged him for an entire golf cart because he was responsible for the golf cart and signed a contract then he loaned the golf cart to a girl that was with him and the girl got drunk and loaned it to a local and the local crashed it bending the aluminum frame of the cart that cannot be fixed. he also failed to mention that when he came back for the parts that he claimed would be given back to him he was so aggressive that he hit me with his fist and elbow on my face and arm leaving my face swollen for days and i had to seek medical attention for my arm because he tore my tendon. this is a 300 pound man that i am talking about and i am 150 pound and a woman. It is so sad that some tourists come to the island and treat the locals like we are below them. we welcome all tourists to our island and try to accommodate them as best we can. Every one on caye caulker knows that i have one of the best golf cart rental on the island. we do repairs regularly on our carts and expect that when you rent our carts you take care of them.

7. Re: Golf Cart Rental Costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 24, 2009