We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize in 7.5 days with jungle and also beach time

Sidney, British...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Belize in 7.5 days with jungle and also beach time

We arrive May 18 at 2:43 should we stay in Belize and then head as we want to head to jungle first to do all the very active things. Perhaps stay at the Black Rock Lodge it is avail. for 3 nights but if we headed immediately from airport we could stay 4 nights??

included trips are one day for Tikal

Ian Anderson's Black Drop Hole

San Ignaico visit? shop not sure

night hike

hit the Macal river for a swim.

Then not sure from there...thinking of the funky town of Hopkins Village (we are not huge resort people) thinking of Hopkins Inn and snorkel via boat from there and taking a drum lesson from a local

or Tobacco Caye Lodge in a cabana snorkel from there and take day trip to Glover's Reef?

Not enough time for both in order to relax a wee bit

we will take public transportation along the way but may add one plane puddle jump for quickness somewhere.

Anyone have an opinion or at least describe the difference of the beach option side?

Thanks for your time.

I really want this to be grand trip for my partner who I adore. She loves adventures and the local people experience and meeting other travellers as do I.

Upstate, NY
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize in 7.5 days with jungle and also beach time

Black Rock is great. We stayed there last June and it is a wonderful setting with lots of things to do right on site (as I'm sure you saw on the website). Prices for the activities are good, in fact our bar bill came to almost as much as tubing, horseback riding and a trip to Xuantunich. The food was great and plentiful, served in a lodge that pitctures don't do justice. The only draw back is the road in. We did drive from international to BR and it took only about 2 1/2 hours. We meandered so this meant the last half of the drive in was in the dark (a neat little adventure), but the road is rough (six miles took almost an hour and watch out for the cows!)

As for the beach, can't help much as we stayed in San Pedro. If you visit San Pedro, don't miss the street stand selling Pa-poo-sis(sp?!) in the middle of the second street in.

Sidney, British...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize in 7.5 days with jungle and also beach time

Thanks so much for the email and we are so excited for our adventure.

I have done a lot of surfing the net and I feel pretty good about what we are going to do.

We are going to be picked up by a BR driver as I just want a holiday which means no driving for me....woo hoo

We went last year to Costa Rica with our teens and we are now taking an adult holiday so I can not wait.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Best regards and happy travels!

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize in 7.5 days with jungle and also beach time

You might find Caye Caulker to offer a bit more without being touristy. We've been there 3 times and love it.

www.alandsuejohnson.com if you're interested.

Link to Belize stuff is at the top

NYC
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize in 7.5 days with jungle and also beach time

I just got back from 12 days in belize.

We stayed six days at Caves Branch. It's pricey, but there's a ton to do.

We did the black hole, and that is by far their most popular trip. It was worth the trip, dropping down 300 feet is quite a rush.

Cave tubing is overrated. 3 hours of paddling.

ATM cave is awesome, and worth your time. Hike, swim, climb all to see actual skeletons from the mayan times.

San Pedro is touristy and expensive, and there's no real beach there. I'd stay at the more laid back Caye Caulker or in the southern part of the country.

Snorkling at shark-ray was also a rush, but there may be comparable sites more south on the coast.

Tikal was amazing and well worth the effort. A whole ancient village, most still uncovered.

5. Re: Belize in 7.5 days with jungle and also beach time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, September 17, 2009