We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caye Caulker is great

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Caye Caulker is great

I visited Caye Caulker and planned on spending only 3 days there. Just to do a couple of dives and relax. I stayed at Sailwinds and the the person running it (Bobbi), was so helpful and introduced me to some great people, I ended up spending 7 days there. I had read on trip advisor that the island is dangerous and the people want to rip you off. Well...that is exactly what DIDN'T happen. My hotel room was cleaned every day without fail. They replaced the drinking water when the bottle ran out. Everyone on the street said hi. Go slow is the motto and everyone does that.

Everyone I met on the island was friendly. I went on trips with Raggamuffin tours and they were genuine nice people. The highlight of my vacation in Central America. I drank at Uno Mas bar and sipped on some great drinks there. The pub quiz in the sports bar was brilliant. I couldn't believe the ammount of people that were there for it. The island seemed pretty quiet but the bar had people standing because there weren't enough seats. There is an English guy that reads out the questions and he is so funny. He makes it worth staying even if you're not doing so well. I ate at Habaneros restaurant and they have something on the menu called "Y Caye Caye". It was so much food that I had to have a doggy bag to take the rest home. I spent many a day lazing up at the split and sipping on a refreshing drink. There's a small diving board there and just watching all the kids doing flips and messing around was keeping me having giggling fits.

All in all, I would reccommend Caye Caulker to everyone. I cannot wait until I have saved up some spare money and can get some more time off work so that I can fly back down there again.

central...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Caye Caulker is great

It's crazy what kind of spell CC puts you under. I have been there 4 times and it is such a relaxing and gentle place. I'll return there again in March and can't wait.

2. Re: Caye Caulker is great

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 10, 2009