We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Placencia to Caye Caulker - Bus?

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Placencia to Caye Caulker - Bus?

Okay, so besides flrying from Placencia to BC to Caye Caulker, is there a bus that runs from Placencia to Belize City, or is flying the only way to go? We are trying to use the bus when we can to save money.

Would you recommend, if we are dividing our time between CC and Placencia, that we go to CC first, or Placencia?

Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Placencia to Caye Caulker - Bus?

CC or Placencia first - hoo boy - some decision. CC is smaller, but better to do quite a variety of land tours from; Placencia is more remote, and has less sites to go to. I think you should do Placencia first, then CC, and divide the time evenly, with perhaps a little less time in Placencia. Bus from Placencia is cheaper, direct to Belize City, thru the capital, Belmopan, then water taxi from Belize City to CC. I'm jealous!!!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,021 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Placencia to Caye Caulker - Bus?

My thoughts on the bus vs. flying is time. We were going to take the bus from Placencia back to Belize City before flying onto Ambegris, but it would have taken an entire day. Fine if you have the time, but we only had a week in Belize. Flying, we left Placencia mid morning and were having lunch on Ambergris by 1pm.

3. Re: Placencia to Caye Caulker - Bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question