We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

poor struggling artisans and souvenir vendor on caye caulker

london
2 posts
Save Topic
poor struggling artisans and souvenir vendor on caye caulker

I have traveled all over the world and i have never seen any thing like what is happening to the street side vendors on caye caulker, why are'nt they supported just like the other rich galleries that are around the Island. those street side vendors need your support. trust me they are starving.

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: poor struggling artisans and souvenir vendor on caye caulker

fiddlelondon, reading your post one might think there are "rich galleries" on the island. There is no such thing.

The truth is, tourism is seasonal and everyone struggles to make ends meet. But... I do agree... buy some souvenirs and art and take them home with you.

Thanks and cheers,

Wendy Auxillou

Auxillou Beach Suites

Caye Caulker, Belize

2. Re: poor struggling artisans and souvenir vendor on caye caulker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 05, 2009