We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

I may be overthinking this, but we have only few days on Caye Caulker last week of November.

In case we re very unlucky with the weather and our planned snorkeling tour gets cancelled, are there any tours we can do to fill the day?

Lets say the weather will be quite bad for 3 days in a row. (god forbid)

I am looking for some alternatives on what to do.

Just to complete a picture: we will spend several days in San Ignazio and Tikal in the first part of our vacation, and then move to Caye Caulker.

Thank you for an advice.

Edited: 8:59 pm, October 16, 2017
8 replies to this topic
Denver
Level Contributor
73 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

I don't have the answers you are looking for, but will be following a similar itinerary in early December (& also from CO), so following along. Good luck!

Dallas
Level Contributor
180 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

There are some alternatives to bad weather, like hang out in one of the bars and listen to music, drink some Belikins, play cards, etc. If you lodging has a pier with a palapa, sit out under that and watch the rain (kind of a zen experience :) ) You could always take the water taxi to San Pedro and explore the town, shops, beach bars. It is a different experience than C.C and makes for a fun day. If it's not raining, you may consider a paddle board tour through the mangroves. There is a shop on front street that offers tours. You could always explore Caye Caulker, go see the tarpin and the sea horses and pelicans. Hop on a bike and ride out to the end of the island and see the mangroves and look for caymans (area can flood, so be aware.)

Dallas
Level Contributor
180 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

Something to consider; take in the laid back vibe of Caye Caulker and Go Slow. There is something wonderful and liberating about NOT filling one's day, whatsoever.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

Thanks for the tip on the bike and a trip to San Pedro. It's good to have a plan B, just in case.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

I would book a mainland day tour because I do like the fill my days

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

Katie- any suggestions for the tours on the mainland?

Edited: 2:43 pm, October 19, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

Take the ferry to San Pedro if you are really looking to get out and it is raining.

I spent ten days in Caye Caulker and only left the island 3 times for different excursions. Sit back, relax, eat, drink, enjoy!

(If you book excursions off the island, do it online or off the island, way cheaper)

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
644 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.

Just want to say have a great trip and please report back afterward. In Feb. we're doing San Ignacio, Tikal and then on to Caye Caulker, so your itinerary is the same.

Been to CC twice and it's my favorite place in the world.

Reply to: Alternative Tour from CC if snorkeling not possible.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted