We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning trip to belize march 2008

portland OR
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
planning trip to belize march 2008

Hey good travelers

We are looking into belize ,We spent 10 days in costa rica last year and feel need to hit tropics.We will be traveling with no kids ,Just looking to hang out maybe do some snokeling,Like the real layed back sound of caulker.Sounds like island is small what other types of things are there to do.not into night life and such.How about day trips in area.Any help

D & M

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,837 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning trip to belize march 2008

If you are an outdoorsy type, I;d spikt the trip between the beach and a lodge in the Cayo distrcit close to Maya sites, cave trips, horses, rivers, waterfalls, jungle, wildlife and more. for beach, Caye Caulker and Placencia are both laid back and quaint.

Caye Caulker, Belize
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: planning trip to belize march 2008

Caye Caulker sounds like the place you are looking for. It is nice, laid back and slow paced. It is also quite easy to do both snorkeling /diving trips and inland trips such as cave tubing, maya ruins, etc. from the island.

Thanks and cheers,

Wendy Auxillou

Auxillou Beach Suites

Caye Caulker, Belize

San Francisco...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: planning trip to belize march 2008

CAYE Caukler is exactly what you want. My favortie place. Each time I head back to Belize (yearly), I always try to get out there. Prices are better and it's a great atmosphere.

PA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: planning trip to belize march 2008

Check out Iguana Reef Inn on Caye Caulker. Very nice accomodations, great service and help with day trips! Yes, Caye Caulker is "next to heaven" in my book :)

portland OR
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning trip to belize march 2008

Hey thansk folks

good info.We have been tossing around idea of gaunaja in honduras.We have found some good spots there as well.Thanks for all good info

D&M

6. Re: planning trip to belize march 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 25, 2009