We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving, flight, tours

new jersey
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
diving, flight, tours

Going to ambergris in March and have a few questions.

How much time do i need between my arrival flight into Bze and my flight to san pedro?

Do i need to make reservations in advance for diving with amigos del mar or is all of that done on the island?

Do I need to make a reservations in advance for a day trip to tikal or is that done on the island

Any help would be appreciated

marshall

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
80 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diving, flight, tours

You need just enough time to pick up your luggage and go thru security again. I would leave a minimum of 30-35 minutes. It's a very quick process (10 minutes) if you luggage comes off quick, but you never know.

I would say that you could make the reservations for diving and the day trip when you get there. If you are staying at a hotel, they can probably do it for you in advance but I can't imagine that there would be any problem.

You will love it there.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diving, flight, tours

I just bought tickets on Tropic Air this week and I think their web site said to allow a minimum of 40-45 minutes between flights. A lot depends on where you're sitting on the plane on the internatioanl flight, if you're the last one off, there may be a pretty long line for immigration. Once you're through immigration and customs it's about a 30 second walk to the Tropic or Maya check in.

It always seems that once the passengers are off the international flights and through security, they start filling planes and taking off for San Pedro. If you aren't on the first flight out, it gives you time for a drink at Jets Bar.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: diving, flight, tours

The flights to San Pedro are very relaxed and the have 3 or 4 planes that go each hour. The airport is small, so you don't want to have to sit there for 2 hours if you can help it. So if you land 35 minutes before the next flight, take that one. I have gone twice and it takes 10 minutes for customs and then you are just waiting for your bags.

4. Re: diving, flight, tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 22, 2009