We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To locals -- current weather

Little Rock...
7 posts
To locals -- current weather

Hi everyone!

I am ready for my trip to San Pedro/AC, regardless of what the weather may be. But out of curiosity what has the weather been like today, and the past few days?

Thank you in advance! See you in T-minus 5 days!

Jessica

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
1. Re: To locals -- current weather

Live weather -- San Pedro

http://sanpedroweather.com/

Little Rock...
7 posts
2. Re: To locals -- current weather

Yes, I've been to that site before. Wanting something more detailed from a person who actually lives in San Pedro/AC. Weather sites can say 80-100% chance of rain/thunderstorms, but it may not actually rain all day -- that is why I am asking what it has really been like the past couple days/today.

Thank you!

Jessica

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
3. Re: To locals -- current weather

You asked, "What has the weather been like today, and the past few days?", and that's exactly what that website provides. Maybe you haven't found the graphs for temperature, rainfall, humidity, barometric pressure and others that show data for the past 7 days -- precisely what you requested. The only thing I can add is that it has been generally quite cloudy & overcast -- exactly like the image on the website!

If you wanted some other information, you should have been more specific in your original post.

To address your second post, past weather data is useless for predicting the weather tomorrow or five days from now. In Little Rock, can you really predict the weather five days from now based on the weather from the previous 5 days? Here, it could pour rain today and be clear & sunny tomorrow. Or it could be fine and clear all day, then a downpour in the afternoon or at night.

In general, rain comes as brief showers, and at this time of year, overnight rain seems to be more usual than daytime rain. It seldom rains all day or for more than a couple of days in a row. I don't even own a raincoat or an umbrella, and never worry about rain -- it's just not that bad.

As for weather forecasts, most cover all of Belize and not just San Pedro, so if the forecasters say there's an x% chance of rain, then it will rain somewhere in Belize at some time within the next 24 hours, but there's a (100-x)% chance that it won't rain. Do you really expect to find someone who can predict weather with great accuracy?

The above info applies to weather in general. On RARE occasions, we get tropical systems that threaten to develop into cyclonic systems (hurricanes). This is why you have to watch the weather news, because with these systems, we can get days & days of rain. Unless one of these systems affects Belize, you have no need to get stressed about the weather.

Edited: 3:44 pm, June 09, 2014
Little Rock...
7 posts
4. Re: To locals -- current weather

Thank you. You could have just submitted your 3rd paragraph as your reply, and that would have sufficed. So much for all AC/San Pedro people being friendly.... No need for snarky comments, and yes I know how to read the graphs.

Personally, I believe the webcam is in a horrible spot, and that is does not refresh often enough, it should be live. Normally I look on Taco Girl's website for a LIVE video feed, but the camera seems to be down at the resort.

Edited: 3:56 pm, June 09, 2014
San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
969 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: To locals -- current weather

This morning it was grey. Right now it's sunny with some clouds. Rainy season has come in right on time and it's quite comfortable temperature wise but very humid (over 80%) for those not used to it. It hasn't been raining much except at night. The current forecast shows that it will be like this for the next few days.

Little Rock...
7 posts
6. Re: To locals -- current weather

Thank you for your reply, Collyk! Most helpful!

Have a great day!

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
7. Re: To locals -- current weather

Snarky!? Me?? Trust me, I really had to hold back from being snarky, after providing exact data to answer your original post, then without even a thank you, be told, oh, that really wasn't the question! It took a second post to ascertain what you really wanted.

I have a couple of other links that I'm considering adding, but you've probably already seen them.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: To locals -- current weather

Dear MisterB266, I find that your remarks have been very rude as well. Have a wonderful day.

Edited: 7:23 pm, June 09, 2014
Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
9,036 posts
9. Re: To locals -- current weather

I am having a wonderful day :-)

San Pedro, Belize
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: To locals -- current weather

Thanks for letting me know cam was down Jessica.

Sunday afternoon and early evening we had rain but not as much as we could have from the looks of the sky over the reef. Yesterday small amount early am with gray skies and got sunny in the afternoon. Today started sunny and looks like we could get gray, showing 20% chance of rain,

Edited: 8:48 am, June 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro