We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portofino vs. Coco Beach - Details needed

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Portofino vs. Coco Beach - Details needed

Hello all,

My husband and I are weighing the Portofino Resort and Coca Beach Resort for our January trip to Belize. My sister and her husband will also accompany us. We are looking for a nice vacation, and are not entirley limited on budget.

Can anyone comment on the comfortableness of the beds at Portofino, and if the walls are at all thin? Sometimes its hard to know from pictures.

I really like the island feel of Portofino - but am also looking for a luxury feel as well.

Any comments are welcome - thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Portofino Beach Resort
Portofino Beach Resort
690 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,361 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portofino vs. Coco Beach - Details needed

Portofino has individual cabanas and the room have a/c and so are sealed to keep the cool air in. CCB is larger condo hotel complex., Portofino is a smaller boutique style inn with more personalized service

Mentioned in this post
Portofino Beach Resort
Portofino Beach Resort
690 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portofino vs. Coco Beach - Details needed

They are both great properties, but certainly very different as Katie mentioned. The pools at Coco Beach are AH-mazing, there's nothing else like that on the island for sure. Katie has described the properties well. You might also take a look at X'tan Ha, it might strike a balance between the two for you.

Enjoy Ambergris!

Mentioned in this post
Coco Beach Resort
Coco Beach Resort
1,440 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
X'tan Ha Resort
X'tan Ha Resort
672 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
3. Re: Portofino vs. Coco Beach - Details needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 11, 2015