We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

NY
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

I'm planning a trip for February of '07 and I am having a hard time deciding between these two resorts. My boyfriend and I are both in our late 20's. We are not really looking for the party-hearty scene, but wouldn't mind going out a few times. We aren't divers, but like to do excursions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

You might be happier at Banana Beach.

Have you considered any other places? What's your criteria for selection?

NY
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

Criteria is pretty simple, I guess. I liked that Banana had somewhat of a beach. I know beach is hard to come by on AC. Clean, somewhat close to other restaurants, shopping, nightlife, etc. Banana did seem like it has a little more to offer, but having never been to the island, it's hard to say what that 'more' is. Do you know of something better??? I'm up for any suggestions

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

RC looks like military barracks. BB hands down, very good value for the money, sstaff, mgmt. location.

NY
Level Contributor
272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

BB it is!! One more question...what are the MUST DO's while we are there??? Things we can't miss, restaurants we must try, etc...

Kingston, Tennessee
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

Definitely Banana Beach over Royal Caribbean! But, check out Mata Rocks Resort next door to Banana Beach. We've stayed there three times. Doesn't have a restaurant but does have continental breakfast included with room rate. Their "beach" is much better than Banana Beach. I can e-mail pictures if you'd like.

Vermont
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

BrendaCamp - I would love to see your pictures of Mata Rocks. My husband and I are planning our first trip to Belize and are looking at Mata Rocks and Banana Beach. Thanks

Kathy

Vermont
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

BrendaCamp - I would love to see your pictures of Mata Rocks. My husband and I are planning our first trip to Belize and are looking at Mata Rocks and Banana Beach. Thanks

Kathy

Kingston, Tennessee
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

Send me your e-mail address to brendacamp@comcast.net and I'll send some. I'm not sure how to do it through this forum.

9. Re: Royal Caribbean vs. Banana Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 16, 2009