We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back and had a great time!

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Just got back and had a great time!

Just wanted to share our experience/recomendations to all that are going:

Hotel- Palms Oceanfront Suites- Great condos w/full kitchens. Hi-speed internet available, large kitchens, great staff that bend over backwards! Next door to Ramon's so you can use their beach (best on the island), restaurant and good snorkeling if you don't get enough diving.

Tours- Tanisha Eco Tours- Did Lamanai with them and it was a great experience. They really take their time and are very knowledgeable on all topics. Ocean/river/Bus (air conditioned!)/river trip. Highly reccomend

Diving-Ramon's- We had a small group each day, actually our family of 4 + 2 woman divers for the first 2 days and then just us the next 3. Our divemaster has 20 years experience on the caye and could dive the sites blindfolded. Our two children (11 & 13) had just been certified before we got there and he was very patient on all dives and they were veterens by the end of our vacation.

The diving was spectacular! Too many stories for this post, but great topography and very large animals/fish.

Dining- Expensive...

Cheap eats- Domingoes (very good Mexican)

Red door restaurant (not it's name..I don't think it has a name posted, but it has a large red door) directly across from the airport terminal. Very good breakfast and lunch.

Ali Baba's- Very good roasted chicken

Nightlife- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. We had two kids withus, need I say more?

Cheap(cheaper) groceries- Grocery store on third street downtown.

Enjoy the island, we had one of our best vacations ever...we went to Rio de Janeiro last year. What does that tell you.

If anyone wants more details just reply back.

Fremont,ca
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back and had a great time!

how was the weather? Did any of your trips got cancelled or postponed due to weather? Did sand flies/mosqiotos bother you at all?

We are leaving in about a week.

Thank you

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back and had a great time!

The weather worked well for us. We were concerned before we left since June is on record for being the 3rd wettest month of the year for Belize. When it rained, it was at night, so I think we missed a few bullets. The mosquitoes were bad at Lamanai, but our deet kept them off of us. If you take that trip you better take repellant with you.

Have fun!

Louisiana
Level Contributor
677 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back and had a great time!

My hubsband and I went to Ambergris Cay about 5 years ago. The dining was so cheap it disturbs me that it's gotten expensive. Kids used to greet you in the morning and ask if you wanted lobster for dinner tonight. Then they would go get one and bring it a local restraunt to be cooked just for you. I guess those days are gone.

4. Re: Just got back and had a great time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 13, 2009