We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM in Ambergis?

Houston, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
ATM in Ambergis?

Hello! Are there ATM's on Ambergris?

Also, I'll be staying at the Ambergis Divers Resort. Any comments on what to expect or the proximity to town is appreciated. I've read lots of reviews and know I will enjoy the resort and diving but I don't have a good grasp on the distance to town and if its walking distance. And if so, is it safe after dark. Obviously I know to always be cautious but any advise or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
6,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM in Ambergis?

ATMs -- yes.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM in Ambergis?

Ambergris Divers Resort is the old Sundiver. It's about 5 miles north of town so, imo, it's not walkable. Even by road, it would be interesting to try to get to and from town at night. I'm guessing that Rojo Lounge is the only place you could walk to after dark. ...and if I did that walk, I'd be hoping for a full moon because it's isolated and very, very dark.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM in Ambergis?

Coastal Xpress water taxi will be a good option for you travel wise http://www.coastalxpress.com/

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
446 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM in Ambergis?

you can also use US$ pretty much anywhere

5. Re: ATM in Ambergis?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 14, 2014