We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tofino, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

So we are heading to San Pedro for 3 nights end of February. I'm completely lost, not sure where to stay on the island. I'd like somewhere close to nightlife for my sister she's 19. I'd like to be in town, on the water and close to restaurants. Or should we go the all inclusive route? I'm not sure how safe it is for partying into the night.

Tofino, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

Also if we are not right in town should we stay just north or south of town?

I'd like to keep our room budget around $200-$250 per night.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

You have nice options close to town for hotel rooms and condo hotels and I would not opt for all inclusive. San Pedro town is safe enough, but there are characters out there like there are anywhere. People on the caye are nice, friendly and helpful for the most part

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

You will not find all in inclusive here the same way you would in Mexico for example.

The Palms is a nice place that is right on the edge of town and walking distance to everything.

http://www.belizepalms.com/

A little further south Caribbean Villas is nice.

http://caribbeanvillashotel.com/

For your sister and nightlife Fido's Bar is a good place to go at night for live music and meeting people.

Tofino, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

Both places look lovely, being so close to town is a huge plus! The reviews look great, however no one seems to mention what the water is like in front of both properties. Is there lots if sea grass? Is it really shallow?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,755 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

The Palms is right next door to Ramon's. One of the nicest stretches of beach close to town. One of the few where you can wade in and swim.

The water in front of Caribbean Villas is shallower. Most swimming there is off the end of the dock.

6. Re: Traveling with 19 year old and my mother..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 06, 2014