We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motor boats to rent

3 posts
Save Topic
motor boats to rent

Hi,

My husband and I are flying to San Pedro on Oct 2 through Oct 12. We are staying at a villa which is on the ocean and has a long dock. ARe there any companies/people that will rent us a decent size motor boat while we are there?

Thanks,

Sue

PFS
SK
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: motor boats to rent

Hi there

We have tried to find a boat to rent several times while we were there and found nothing with the exception of one gentleman who was going to charge more than if we rented with the captain. He also wanted us to pay extra to insure his boat plus a damage deposit. Which is expected when you think about it.

There are a few people around that will rent for a day or a half day and take you wherever you would like and for what ever you want to do.

We rented in November and had a fabulous day. We fished for a couple of hours (caught a lot of fish, mostly snapper). We then went out to the reef and snorkeled. The person that took us showed us how to catch lobster with a stick and a hook we got a couple for dinner. Then we went through the cut an just toured. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the day.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: motor boats to rent

Thanks PFS - I guess that doesn't surprise me that you couldn't get your own boat, I was just hoping we could. Have done so in the Abacos, Exuma, Harbor Island, St. John, etc. and was hoping it would be possible here too.

If anyone else knows anything about renting boats, please let me know.

Thanks,

goozee

3. Re: motor boats to rent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 14, 2009