We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

I will be staying at Corona Del Mar

and wanted to get some snacks and beer for my room

what would be the easiest and cheapest way to do this

I have read that super buy is a good grocery store

and that the beer distributor has a tractor that delivers beer

do you ask them to deliver or do you just flag them down ?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

My understanding is that you can no longer buy off the beer delivery wagons. You can go to the beer distributor and buy there. Will you have a golf cart? A case of Belikin is heavy!

Martina's and Super Buy are a couple blocks south. There are a couple others a little ways north. You won't have any problem finding snacks.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

does the distributor deliver ?

if not can a get a taxi back from the distributor ?

thanks in advance

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

We stopped into the distributor to purchase our beer and found out that they no longer deliver and you can no longer pay a little extra to get chilled beer. As we had walked there we asked if they could call a cab for us. They did so reluctantly.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

thank you I guess that means I bring a cell phone or take a cab up and back so they are waiting for me

I understand that the grocery stores sell beer also maybe I should just grab a 6 pack when I go for my snacks

backpack cooler with beer and snacks is alote easier then carrying a case of beer by hand back to my hotel

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

If you have to make a special trip and pay for a cab there and back you really aren't saving that much. The price for beer in the grocery stores was not bad. If I had know that delivery was not an option, I wouldn't have bothered.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

thanks everyone I think I will just hit the grocery store

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,331 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

Most of the stores simply sell individual bottles. It's not like the US, where you can pop in and grab a 12 pack. If you drink a lot of beer, I'd just take a cab to the distributor.

There's a liquor store not too far up the street from Corona del Mar that will deliver. I'm sorry to say I don't know the name, it's right across from the Belize Yacht Club. They also sell other beer besides Belikin, but, only Caricom nation beers. I really like Kabuli, from the island nation of Dominica (NOT Dominican Republic).

Also, at least this past winter, Corona del Mar has 'free' rum punch all day every day. I thought the stuff would be weak, but, it packs a real punch.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

The beer warehouse was about a five minute from my hotel most

f case of beer I bought ($29) fit into my backpack it wasnt problem at all tommorrow I will look for th grocerystore

Edited: 8:20 pm, July 04, 2013
pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

Posting from z tablet I am not useo to

Edited: 8:22 pm, July 04, 2013
10. Re: snacks and Beer close to Corona Del mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 06, 2014