We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victoria House vs. Matachica

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Victoria House vs. Matachica

My husband and I are planning a trip to Belize for our first anniversary in May. Currently looking at The Victoria House and Matachica - can anyone speak highly of either? We'll be primarily diving.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

I can speak highly of both-excellant choices

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,674 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

I've never stayed at either, we're more moderate travelers. But, I've always said if I was going to splurge, I'd stay at Victoria House. I walk by there often, it's simply a lovely property.

I've only seen Mata Chica from the water. It looks very nice as well. I, personally, prefer having easier access to town with its wide choice of restaurants.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

My vote would be VH--awesome property!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

Katievalk - Do you recommend a Casita or Plantation Room? Is one nicer than the other?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

Sorry - that question was specific to Victoria House. Thanks!

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

Two different options-look at their site and see which room appeals to you most.

Level Contributor
7,606 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

As to above question on room at VH...those casitas are cute and if you get one down by the water fairly private. They are very small. The plantation rooms look fine but are pretty far from the water and in sort of four plex. Not the most private. Overall I would go for the casita I think. The best value (not cheap) is the Rainforest Suite...great location etc. Victoria House is a very nice hotel. Also call the reservation number. They are extremely honest and helpful about the rooms pros and cons and also sometimes availability would make the choice for you...this place gets repeat customer and weddings and can be full for some room choices.

Edited: 7:38 pm, March 12, 2013
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

Casita 4sure

9. Re: Victoria House vs. Matachica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 14, 2014