We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to make decision on Hotel

Chicago, Illinois...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help to make decision on Hotel

Please help me to choose between these two:

www.thephoenixbelize.com

http://www.victoria-house.com

Thanks

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,568 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to make decision on Hotel

Tough choice. I like them both, but, have stayed at neither.....(we're more moderate travelers.)

Here's some thoughts.

I love that the Phoenix is right in town. You can easily walk to a huge variety of restaurants/bars/music. It's a relatively new property. Excellent service. All the units are condos. Nice pools. Downside is, there really is no beach. There's a sea wall in front of the entire property.

Victoria House is about two miles south of town. I'd probably rent a golf cart if I stayed there. You can use cabs, I'm not sure what the charge would be for a trip to town. Not many restaurants in walking distance. It's a really pretty property. Has sort of a plantation feel. Lovely pools. Large variety of room styles. There's a sea wall in front of part of the property, but, there's also beach front. Comfy looking loungers with lots of space between them, so you wouldn't ever feel crowded.

I much prefer having a separate bedroom when I travel. So, unless I could get a suite with a separate bedroom at Victoria House, I'd go with the Phoenix.

Level Contributor
9,150 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to make decision on Hotel

A couple thoughts here...the swimming beach you are looking for probably is not at many if any properties on AC. That said the beach area at Victoria House is beautiful and totally relaxing. You can get a golf when when you want to either go to town or further North on the island...also easy to get $5.00 taxi either direction. Really not a big deal. Town was okay a couple of times but really the ambiance at Victoria House was so relaxing and beautiful that we spend alot of time there with a couple of golf cart trips. At Victoria House the best room in Rainforest Suite and I would check to see if it might be available for your dates. The Casitas are cute but pretty small and depending again on your preferences might be okay. Both Casitas and Rainforest book very early. I know little about the Phoenix but guess you will get a larger accommodation there for less money and maybe better views. Many rooms at the Victoria House have only a "glimpse" of the sea. I personally love to sit on a balcony or terrace and have an unobstructed view of the water and even listen to the waves. The water is so beautiful on AC I would try to get something close to it. You might start by seeing exactly what is available at each for your dates and compare them. Good luck.

3. Re: Help to make decision on Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro