We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort in San Pedro

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
TO
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Resort in San Pedro

Hi All,

I just called the Phoenix and they are booked for the days that I'm interested in staying there. Is there another resort in or close to town that you would recommend?

Thank you

T

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort in San Pedro

There isn't any place in town that's as nice as the Phoenix. In November, we spent a couple of nights at Sunbreeze Suites, it was a pretty nice condo. Certainly not luxury like the Phoenix, but, a nice place.

There's also Ramon's. Nice stretch of beach. The only room I've been in was just ok, I think they've done some renovations since then. The reality is a room with a thatch roof and wooden sides is going to be sort of dark. I prefer lots of light.

the Palms is a small condo building right next to Ramon's. Nice condos, small pool. Belizean Reef is in the neighborhood as well. Nice, large condos, but, no pool.

A bit over a mile south of town is Xanadu. Also Caribbean Villas. And Coral Bay Villas (where I own). A bit further is Banyan Bay and Grand Colony. Both nice condo complexes. BB is a full service resort with restaurant and bar on site.

Two miles south of town is Victoria House. Beautiful property. Spaciious, well manicured grounds. Several pools. Good restaurant.

There's some other nice condos further south. Athens Gate and Pelican Reef are the most upscale. You're almost three miles from town by this time.

There are also lots of resorts north of town. Once you get very far north, you'll probably want to take a water taxi back and forth.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort in San Pedro

Ramons is your only option more upscale rooms on the edge of town. Plenty of other options south or north, one or two miles.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort in San Pedro

I have stayed at the Phoenix many times over the yrs along with Xanadu. If they were both full I would go to Victoria House or try something north. I was at Victoria House a couple of weeks ago for a drink and I forgot how truly nice the property is. If I had to be directly in town I would then stay at the Palms. I would give VH a look, but I would highly recommend a golf cart.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
430 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort in San Pedro

Victoria House is lovely, popped in last week for lunch but cost $10.50 for one glass of wine. If you are planning on eating and drinking there, you may want to find somewhere cheaper. We stayed at Cocotal which is North and water taxis are the best means of getting into town. It's 2.5 miles. No restaurant but a few walkable nearby.

TO
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort in San Pedro

Thank you for all of the replies, both Palms and Ramon's have availability so I just need to decide between the two. They seem to have very different vibes!

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort in San Pedro

In my opinion, Vic House is overpriced. They charge USD in the restaurant, which is a no no. They add gst to the price which is also a no no.

For accommodation, I would recommend Banyan Bay.

7. Re: Resort in San Pedro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 26, 2014