We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with a good beach??

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotels with a good beach??

Hi there,

Me and my wife will be visiting Belize for the first time in end of May for 4-5 nights. We're trying to narrow down on a hotel and our main criteria is for the hotel to have a good white sand beach where we can swim a little bit and preferably even close to town so we can walk to most places.

We understand all the good snorkel spots are a boat ride away which is absolutely fine. Can you guys please provide suggestions on a hotel with a good white sand beach and also close to town so we don't have to take golf carts everywhere? We're looking at Xanadu, Pelican Reef Villas, Phoenix Resort, etc. but don't have any specific favorites. Open to all suggestions..

Thanks a lot!!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with a good beach??

The Phoenix and Xanadu have a sea wall in front of the properties. No walk in swimming there. The Phoenix is on the northern edge of San Pedro, easy walk anywhere in town.

Xanadu is a bit over a mile south of town. It's the neighborhood we live in when we're on the island. We walk everywhere, occasionally take a cab home if it's late at night.

Pelican Reef has a beach, but, I think the water is really shallow in front. It's also three miles south of town. You'd want a golf cart......

The nicest stretch of beach close to town is at Ramon's.

Caribbean Villas, about a mile south of town sits on a pretty beach, but, once again the water is shallow.

The reality is most swimming on Ambergris is done off the docks. Most of the resorts have docks with steps leading into the water. Many have hammocks and/or loungers on the end of the docks.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with a good beach??

Check out Victoria House--further south, but amazing property and has the best beach south of the bridge--IMO. I stopped over there for a beer last weekend and truly forgot how amazing VH is. Great pools at VH...

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with a good beach??

I love Victoria House as well. It's a stunning property, where I've always said I'd stay if I was going to splurge.

However, it is two miles from town, and the OP wanted to be able to walk to restaurants.

If you don't mind cabs or a golf cart, VH is awesome.

4. Re: Hotels with a good beach??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 21, 2014