We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 12 first time in Belize April 1 for 10 days.

Olympia, Washington
1 post
Save Topic
Family of 12 first time in Belize April 1 for 10 days.

Hi,

We are a family of 7 adults and 5 kids ranging from 2-15 coming to San Pedro April 1. We are staying at Playa Blanca villa. Any reviews on this home, close restaurants, shopping, or things to do near the home.

Any good Beaches?

Food:

I was told there was a restaurant with tables in the water, is there one? We are looking for good food, street vendors, bars, or sit down restaurants.

Excursions:

Some of us really want to do the blue hole. Any suggestions. are there Arial tours. Not all are experienced divers. What other excursions are a must!!

Anything we must see or do or stay away from? Any advice. Thank you so much looking forward to our trip.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Family of 12 first time in Belize April 1 for 10 days.

The tarpon that bit me did so with significantly more than a 'sandpaper effect'. I was bleeding quite profusely. I have fed them again since and am much more aware of keeping my fingers to myself.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Family of 12 first time in Belize April 1 for 10 days.

My family just returned from two weeks in San Pedro (our daughters are 16 and 18). We did NOT encounter any unsavory people on the beaches or anywhere while we were in San Pedro. All the vendors were extremely laid back and other than in invitation to come see what they had (if they saw you looking for a distance) there was nothing aggressive about them.

Estelles is downtown and they have tables on the beach in front of their restaurant. We ate breakfast there twice and it was very good both times.

Palapa Bar (north of the bridge) is entirely located on the end of the pier, its a bar and has bar food, but a great atmosphere.

do not be afraid to venture out and see the island, use the common sense you would use anywhere you go, but we found it to be safe and inviting.

13. Re: Family of 12 first time in Belize April 1 for 10 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 11, 2014