We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

**orb56***

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
**orb56***

Can you post a trip review of your vacation at Tranquility Bay?? How were the cabanas, food etc? Did you go into town much? If so, was it a pain to get there/get back to TB? Thanks so much! Any info/advice you can provide is very appreciated!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: **orb56***

I finally did it. I posted a review. I hope it will help you make a decision. The place is great. The Cabanas, food and people are first rate. I get the impression you might like to get to town a bit. There seems to be someone from the resort going into town everyday for one thing or another. You could probably catch a ride with them. But there was no set schedule for trips to town. Everyone runs on Carribean time. No one even wears a watch! If you need to go at night you may have to get a room in town and return to the resort the next day.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. I feel that I owe alot of people for all the information I got from this website before I went on my Mexico and Belize trips.

moj
North East
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: **orb56***

orb56 - what was the beach like at Tranquility bay? I am going there next winter and am nervous aobut the beach, have read a lot about muck and sea grass. Could you walk into the water from the beach?!?!!?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: **orb56***

I am staying at Tranquility Bay and Victoria Houseat the end of June. I will post a report as soon as we return!

moj
North East
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: **orb56***

amy -

that would be great, thank you so much!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: **orb56***

Yes, you can walk into the water from the beach. The beach is beautiful. In fact there are weekly trips from other resorts to the TB beach for a day of beach fun. There are a few smal patches of sea grass offshore but they are easily avoidable. The reef is quite close to shore at TB and the snorkling is awesome along the reef. We spent hours exploring the inside edge of the reef. I hope that helps answer your question. If there is anything else I will be happy to reply.

moj
North East
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: **orb56***

So you aren't sinking into muck up to your ankles or anything? That seems to be the thing that is freaking me out the most, all these things I have read about muck.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: **orb56***

No not at all. The few patches of sea grass are located quite close to shore. The water is only about ankle deep where the sea grass is and I walked through the it a few times and it was not mucky at all. The sand on the beach there is soo nice, its just like flour. I would not worry about it at all.

We enjoyed ourselves so much there in March we have already rebooked for October. I can't wait to get back to paradise.

moj
North East
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: **orb56***

Thank you SO much for the response! It was the ONLY thing I was worried about. I can't wait to go!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: **orb56***

moj

You are going to be so happy that you decided to go to TB. Make sure you give Jake the bartender a hard time. He is fun to tease. So is Paney. I think he is the happiest guy in the world. He will do anything for you. Make sure you give him 2 thumbs up from his Canadian friends. And Shelly's cooking is to die for, she prepared a different specialty for us each night and every one of them was just great. Make sure you try the special french toast for breakfast.

Have fun

10. Re: **orb56***

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 15, 2009