We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ramon's village...diving and beach question

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
ramon's village...diving and beach question

Thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to shed a little light for me! My husband and I are going on a dive package to Ramons 6/1-6/8 and were a lot happier and more excited before we found a new review site. I am not a big fan of deep dives and love going swimming from the beach, BUT these reviews make the dive staff sound like they could care less and are unhelpful and do whatever they want....then they go on to say that the beach is awful and you cannot swim from there because of the high tide, winds, waves, and algae. Please someone who has been there and has gone diving thru Ramons...HELP!!! We are staying in Seaside rooms and have pre-booked 4 days of diving (2-tank) !Thank you in advance for your help!

Jacqueline

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ramon's village...diving and beach question

I don't dive, so can't help with those questions. My suggestions would be to write to the dive operation before you arrive and tell them what type of dives you're interested in.

Ambergris Caye doesn't have the greatest beaches, but a big part of that is the closeness of the reef to the shore. Resorts in very minimal wave action, so sea grass.

We usually stay in a condo very close to Ramon's, and do our swimming from their beach. It's lovely. They've cleared some grass, there still is some, but it's very swimmable.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ramon's village...diving and beach question

Don't worry about it. You are going to have a wonderful time.

Some of the best swimming I've done in the area was off Ramon's dock. They have a good dive operator.

What do you mean by deep dives? Your dives just off of Ambergris Caye are not commonly considered deep dives.

Arizona
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ramon's village...diving and beach question

I am so grateful that you guys have responded...now again I am dying for June 1st to arrive. By deep dives I meant below say 90ft. I am not too comfortable with my ears after I surpass 100ft.

Now I am truly excited that I can swim and dive there and have a great time! So many people have made me second guess my choice of location at Ramons and now I am back to squatre one...can't wait to go!!!! Now let's hope that early rainy season avoids most of 6/1 to 6/8

THANK YOU,

Jacqueilne

Belize
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: ramon's village...diving and beach question

You will have a good time diving with the guys are Ramons. Adolfo and the other employees there will take good care of you.

Ramons has the best swimming spot on the island so you can't go wrong there either.

Enjoy your trip to Belize.